Exam Dates: Spring Term 2020
Dates will be added soon.
What can I do to help me with the exams?
- Take a look at the following websites which can help with your revision:
- www.youtube.com (Watch Mr Bruff / Mrs Whelan videos - they are only 5 mins long and will take you through the exam papers so you know what to do and how to get top marks.)
For English exams:
- Go through your folder and the strategies we have learnt. Look through your MOCK papers and use the feedback to help.
- Complete past papers (see Mrs Elvin for past papers or look online). Mrs Elvin is happy to mark them and give you support to improve your answers.
Exam Advice from SESC
- Know the dates and times of your exams.
- Arrive plenty of time before the exam, do not be late.
- Do not try to cheat or break the exam condition rules, you could be disqualified.
- Best behaviour at all times, must not become involved in any unfair or dishonest practice.
- Mobile phones, smartwatches, ipods are not allowed in the exam room.
- Labels removed from water bottles.
- Wrist watches to be removed and placed on the table.
- Do not use correcting pens, fluid, tape, erasable pens, highlighters or gel pens in your answers.
- Make sure calculators are working, clear anything stored on it and lids are removed and placed on the floor.
- Do not talk or disturb other candidates during the exam.
- Do not borrow anything from another candidate.
- If you leave the exam room, unaccompanied by an invigilator before the exam has finished, you will not be allowed to return.
- Listen to the invigilators, follow their instructions.
- Put up your hand if you have a problem during the exam.
- Do not write anything inappropriate on the papers.
- Write in black ink. Coloured pencils or inks may only be used for diagrams, maps, charts. Unless papers states otherwise.
- Fill in all details required on the front of the question paper and/or answer booklet before the start of the exam. Plus on any extra answer sheets that you use too.
- Do any rough work on the proper exam stationary. Cross it through and hand it in with your answers.
- Place any extra answer sheets in the correct order inside your answer booklet.
- Do not take from the exam room any rough work, materials, printouts, answer booklets or papers.
- Do not leave the exam room until told to do so by the invigilator.
On the day of the exam…
The ESC will be providing breakfast. Make sure you have something to eat and drink. Research shows that pupils and students who eat breakfast perform better in exams.